Vertical farms can be built in new or existing buildings and provide significant benefits in environmental sustainability and human health, minimizing the need for water and nutrients, and eliminating pesticides and fungicides, which are no longer needed. Vertical farming and urban agriculture, if designed and implemented appropriately, could offer sustainable and innovative solutions for improving food security in a small footprint.
Focus topics of the conference are:
- Available technologies – LED lighting, sensors, AI
- Plant condition issues like: CO2, Nutrients, Irrigation, Climate, Lighting
- Food safety / HACCP
- Improved resource-use efficiency
- Sustainable Buildings (design, green roof, energy)
- Smart Cities / Architecture / Urban Design
- From traditional farmer to vertical farmer
Who should attend?
(Vertical) Farmers, Growers | Agricultural industry | Urban planners | Architects | Technology suppliers (corporate, start-up) | System integrators | Governmental bodies (Local, Regional, National) | Project developers | Finance / Consulting | Food Logistics | anyone interested in vertical farming.
Follow the conference online, register here!
Interested in Smart Farming as well. Find out about this conference, which will take place the day after the Vertical Farming Conference.