Another JakajimaTV talk with Maarten VandeCruys, Founder / CTO of Urban Crop solutions.
Vertical / Indoor farming has been around for a while now and organisations of different sizes have implemented this technology as part of their supply chain.
- But which size of farm actually makes most financial sense?
- What level of automation should be chosen?
- Where do robotics come in?
About Maarten Vandecruys
Maarten co-founded Urban Crop Solutions and leads the R&D department. The company delivers indoor vertical farming solutions across the world: hardware, software and crop growth recipes. He will be speaking at the 2020 Vertical Farming conference.
About Urban Crop Solutions
Urban Crop, a total solutions provider in the indoor vertical farming industry. Offering science-based and tailor-made technology for crop cultivation.
HYDROPONICS AND OWN GROWTH RECIPES FOR 200+ CROPS
To deliver healthy crops, our closed-loop irrigation system:
- Minimizes the use of fresh water
- Increases plant nutrient uptake and can work with up to 70 organic nutrients and minerals
- Provides optimal root growth, aeriation and nutrient delivery
- Allows to grow microgreens and super-large crops
CLIMATE CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT
In/outflow of air is controlled to limit unwanted elements while optimizing climate conditions.
- Closed production plants have minimal external elements influencing the indoor climate
- Monitoring the in- and outflow of air allows for the best possible crops
- Flavour can be tailored to market demand by influencing climate, light and nutrients
CUSTOM-MADE LED TECHNOLOGY
Our own LED lights provide the optimal spectrum for your plants, using limited energy.
- The photosynthetic active radiation (PAR) range, enables photosynthesis in the 400-700nm range
- Using energy-efficient LEDs, our crops receive just the right light spectrum to grow efficiently
ROBOTIZED AND CONTROLLED PROCESS
Our top-notch industrial standards allow full control over monitoring and automation.
- Minimize human intervention to achieve higher levels of process control within a highly regulated industry
- Optimize production according to market demand
- Monitor the growth cycle from anywhere in the world